Based in Buenos Aires, Agentina
1 Nov, 2015
|USD||$1.29 (mobile version)|
Pichón is a puzzle platformer where you play as a chubby bird that's constantly bouncing. Fast reflex and good timing will allow you to sort obstacles, activate secret passages and collect the necessary gems to be able to open the door at the end of each level.
Around 2012, after a long chat with another game artist and developer, the idea of making a simple platformer for mobile emerged. It would involve a constantly bouncing ball in a vertically scrolling level. Eventually the ball morphed into a bird and the game stated gaining complexity. Pichón was ported to several engines until finally settling with PhaserJS, one of the best HTML5 game frameworks that exists today. Pichon was released for Android on December 2015 enjoying good ratings and a 30 day retention rate above 50%. Around June 2016, it was sumitted to Steam Greenlight, being well recived by the community and approved in less than two weeks. An improved version with optimizations, more levels and Steam Trading Cards will be coming out in March 15.
- Think fast! Pichón will happily bounce into his dead if you don't react quickly.
- Different materials will make you bounce higher, slower or even crumble below your feet!
- Activate special blocks to get access to new areas.
- Enjoy cute and colorful pixel art graphics.
- Pichón is easy to learn but hard to master.
Gameplay by JPEO YouTube
Gameplay by Vorvek YouTube
Gameplay Video by Android for Kids Weekly YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Daily 4th Place." Newgrounds, 27 February, 2015
- "2nd Place, Games of the Month January 2015" Play Play Fun - http://playplayfun.com/games-of-the-month-january-2016/
- "You've played half a dozen games like this in your life, but Pichon is more polished than most, and it looks just lovely."
- Tom Sykes, PC Gamer
- "Tight control, cute art style and inventive control style bring Pichon out of the stereotype action platformer genre."
- Fun_Master, Play Play Fun
- "16-Bit Style Puzzle Platformer Pichon Bounces Onto Android"
- Craig Forshey, Super Game Droid
- "Surprising, entertaining, a traditional genre but with a twist. Pichon is different!"
- Agustín Lorenzo, The Cubik
- "A review by Puro Games[in Spanish]"
- Puro Games, Puro Games Youtube Page
- "Un previo a "Pichón"[in Spanish]"
- Zhade Klim, Labzat
- "Pichon – un puzzle/platform retrò da provare![in Italian]"
- Xantarmob, Xantarmob
- "Pichón: el pajarito más simpático a punto de pegar el salto a Steam[in Spanish]"
- Florencia Orsetti, Malditos Nerds
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below to complete a distribute() request and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Play on itch.io
Alpha version available at noidexe.itch.io.
About Crimson Ghost
We're a team of artists, developers, game designers and musicians developing games in and around Buenos Aires, Argentina.
More information on Crimson Ghost, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Game Developer, Purple Ghost.
Gonzalo Cantarelli, Gastón Cantarelli
Music (mobile version), VI Producciones - We Play the Music
Music, Sound Design (PC version)
Soniss Game Bundle